TERMS OF THE COMPETITION AND STANDARD LOCAL RULES
Play is governed by the current Rules of Golf of The R&A and where applicable, by the following Local Rules and Terms of the Competition, provided on-site by the Dark 'n Stormy World Par 3 Championship Rules Committee.
This competition is open to professional and amateur golfers who are members in good standing with the PGA of Bermuda or other Associations.
PROFESSIONAL DIVISION: This competition is open to all PGA professionals in good standing with their member association.
MEN’S AMATEUR DIVISION: This competition is open to all male amateurs in good standing with their member association.
WOMEN’S AMATEUR DIVISION: This competition is open to all female amateurs in good standing with their member association. This division will be contested from a shortened set of tee-markers.
SENIOR AMATEUR DIVISION: Lionel Pengelly Memorial Trophy: This competition is open to all amateurs who have reached their 55th birthday by the first scheduled day of the championship, March 6, 2020.
All applications are subject to approval or rejection by the Tournament Committee at any time before or after the start of play.
The championship field for 2020 will be 120 competitors comprised of the following:
MEN’S AMATEUR DIVISION
WOMEN’S AMATEUR DIVISION
SENIOR AMATEUR DIVISION
*if Professional Division does not fill, additional spots to go to Men’s Amateur Division, the Women’s Amateur Division, followed by Senior Amateur Division. All over-subscribed spots for non-qualified, non-exempt amateurs will be determined by Handicap.
NEW! The overall champion of the 2020 Dark 'n Stormy World Par 3 Championship will earn an exemption into the PGA Tour's Bermuda Championship at Port Royal Golf Course, October 26 - November 1, 2020.
In the event of ties for the Professional Division, prize money will be divided equally among those tied, except that if a competitor wins a playoff for the Championship, he or she will receive first-place prize money.
APPLICATION FEE & PROCEDURE
All championship applications must be made through this website.
PLEASE NOTE: This championship entry does not include accommodations. To book your accommodations at the Fairmont Southampton, please visit Fairmont Southampton - Dark 'n Stormy World Par 3 Championship or call 441.238.8000.
REGISTRATION AT TURTLE HILL GOLF CLUB
Players must register at the Dark 'n Stormy golf shop at Turtle Hill Golf Club on Thursday, March 5, 2020 between 9:00 am – 2:00 pm. If you cannot register on Thursday, simply contact Adam LeBrun to confirm your attendance at the championship and arrangements will be made for you to register on Friday morning. Adam can be notified via email at email@example.com.
Thursday, March 5, 2020 Registration 9:00 - 2:00 pm @ Turtle Hill
Friday, March 6, 2020 First Championship Round 18 holes stroke play
Saturday, March 7, 2020 Final Championship Round 18 holes stroke play
A tie for any Division will be decided by a hole-by-hole playoff immediately following conclusion of play. Any competitor involved in a playoff and not immediately available assumes the last playoff position. Multiple no-shows for playoffs shall be decided by lot.
1. The use of caddies is not compulsory. Neither the Tournament Committee nor the host club is responsible for securing caddies for competitors who desire them.
2. Pull carts (including those motorized) are permitted.
3. Caddies must adhere to the Caddie Guidelines.
4. Caddies must wear flat-soled shoes. Violation of this condition may result in DISQUALIFICATION of the competitor.
RULES OF GOLF; CLOSE OF COMPETITION; CONFORMING GOLF BALLS; CONFORMING DRIVERS
1. The Rules of The R&A govern play as modified by the Local Rules within this document. Supplementary Local Rules will be given to each competitor at the player’s first tee. Local Rules on the host club scorecards shall not apply. The Tournament Committee shall have the final decision on all claims and disputes.
2. The competition is deemed to have closed when the trophy has been presented to the winner.
3. Model Local Rule G-3 – The ball the player uses must be named on the current List of Conforming Golf Balls recognized by The R&A.
4. Model Local Rule G-1 – The driver a player uses must have a clubhead that is listed on the most current List of Conforming Driver Heads recognized by The R&A.
Model Local Rule G-6 is in effect. Competitors shall walk at all times during a stipulated round, including the official practice round. In exceptional circumstances, the Tournament Committee will evaluate each individual request to use motorized transportation in the Dark 'n Stormy World Par 3 Championship due to a claimed disability. In order for the Tournament Committee to properly evaluate such requests, it is necessary to submit medical documentation stating the exact nature of the disability and how that disability prevents such a player from walking during a stipulated round. In addition, players will have to submit sufficient information to enable the Tournament Committee to determine that providing a cart would not provide a player with an advantage over other players. Please visit the Policies section of this site to download the PGA of Canada Transportation Request Form, which each player seeking a golf cart due to a disability must complete and submit to the Tournament Committee with the original entry form prior to the applicable closing date.
EXCEPTION: Any competitor in the Senior Division may use motorized transportation.
PENALTY FOR BREACH OF THIS LOCAL RULE: The player gets the general penalty for each hole during which there is a breach of this Local Rule. If the breach occurs between the play of two holes, it applies to the next hole.
DRESS CODE AND FOOTWEAR
1. Competitors must adhere to the Turtle Hill Golf Club Dress Code which is basic golf attire.
2. It is a condition of the Dark 'n Stormy World Par 3 Championship that shoes with metal or traditionally designed spikes (regardless of composition, i.e., ceramic, plastic, etc.) are prohibited. Penalty for breach of this condition is DISQUALIFICATION.
TIME OF STARTING
All players in a group must be present and READY TO PLAY at the time laid down by the Committee. The order of play is not relevant. READY TO PLAY is defined as being on or near the player's first tee accompanied with the necessary equipment needed to put a ball in play. Notification by a Championship Rules Official will be given to late starters on the first tee or as soon as practicable.