OPERATIONAL CHANGES REGARDING COVID-19
The following safety measures and procedures have been put into place to ensure everyone is safe and healthy this season while playing the VGT.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU CHOOSE TO PLAY ANY EVENTS WITH US, THAT YOU DO SO ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND WILL NOT HOLD VGT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES. BY REGISTERING AND PLAYING ANY VGT EVENT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE AGREED TO ALL VGT’S POLICIES AND PROCEDURES AS FULLY OUTLINED ON OUR WEBSITE UNDER ABOUT/POLICIES AND PROCEDURES AND IN THE PROVIDED INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT.
ELIGIBILITY / NON-ELIGIBILITY
The following precautionary measures have been taken during Covid-19 Crisis, making players ineligible to play VGT events if they fall into one or more of the following categories:
- You are sick or have any of the following Covid-19 or flu-like symptoms.
- Fever equal to or higher than 100.4* F (feeling chills, sweating)
- Are under evaluation for COVID-19 (for example, waiting for the results of a viral test to confirm infection)
- Any of the following “new” or “unexpected” symptoms:
- New cough
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches or body aches
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- New loss of taste or smell.
- You have been tested positive for Covid-19 and not yet been fully cleared
- You have been in contact with someone affected with Covid-19 within the last 14 days
- You have been travelling from outside CANADA and returned to BC within the last 14 days
NOTE: Players are required to self screen for the above Covid-19 symptoms. If you are showing signs of any of the above COVID-19 symptoms, you are asked to withdraw by email to email@example.com. Please adhere to withdraw guidelines as penalties may result if you withdraw beyond the timeframes specified.
For 2021, VGT will be conducting on-site screening including temperature checks. If a player is deemed to have any of the above Covid-19 symptoms when tested at the course, they will be asked to withdraw from the tournament at full loss of entry.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE AT THE COURSE
Players will be emailed the Conditions of Competition and/or pin sheets the day prior to that particular event. Please review them in advance, print a copy for yourself and bring with you to the event. If any questions come up, you may ask at registration on the day.
- Please disinfect your golf clubs with soap and water.
- Please prepare yourself for the day:
- Pack your own food & drink in case the clubhouse does not offer window service at the turn.
- Until further notice, VGT will not be providing water stations at our events at this time.
- No Caddies or fans will be allowed at VGT events unless otherwise notified by our team, or when advised on the specific event details section of Golf Genius.
- No carpooling to the tournament with players outside of your “bubble”.
REGISTRATION AT THE COURSE
- Please adhere to the specific requirements set-out on our ‘event details’ section of each event as to the allowable time to arrive before your tee-time.
- Players should check in at registration upon arrival to claim their member gifts (if applicable). Please ensure you wear a mask at all times at registration and final scoring.
- Social distancing measures will be in place all day and MUST be practiced. Please look for cones or markers on the ground at registration that will be set up to facilitate safe distancing of 6 feet or more.
- Please consult with the host golf course to determine if range access will be available or not and plan your warm-up accordingly.
MOBILE APP SCORING & PAPER CARD SCORING
- We will be utilizing the GOLF GENIUS MOBILE APP for live player scoring.
- Players will be emailed an access code to log-in to golf genius and use their phone to conduct mobile scoring for a player in their group.
- Players will be asked to score for your playing partner on the app
- Players will also be provided with a paper card for the player you are scoring for and will be asked to keep score for this player.
If you do not have the golf genius app installed on your phone, please download it now:
- GOOGLE PLAY: CLICK HERE. Enter the Golf Genius ID (GGID) you are provided.
- APPLE ITUNES: CLICK HERE. Enter the Golf Genius ID (GGID) you are provided.
You can also log-in to the day’s scorecard using the following URL:
https://www.golfleaguegenius.com/websites/189382/login and enter the GGID you are provided.
ON THE COURSE
PLAYERS MUST READ and follow these precautions:
- No Caddies or fans are allowed at VGT events unless advised by VGT Team.
- No handshaking or elbow bumping is permitted.
- “Namaste” to say thanks at end of round… OR just say thanks!
- Maintain at least six feet of separation from everyone at all times.
- Bring hand sanitizer and use as often as you can, especially before and after using any washrooms.
- With no rakes in bunkers, players are entitled to relief in ‘disturbed areas’ in bunkers (ie: when foot prints not raked). Players may take their nearest relief inside the bunker, no nearer the hole and drop from knee height. Please repair your footprints by using your feet.
- The flag will remain in at all times - DO NOT REMOVE THE FLAG.
- Cups will be modified so that players can hole-out and pick the ball out without touching the flag.
- If you use a cart, generally only 1 player per cart is allowed and this must be arranged through the pro shop. If you belong to the same “bubble”, a cart may be shared. Players will be responsible for sanitizing of the power cart if they choose to ride.
- There are no ball washers available on the course
AFTER YOUR ROUND
A final scoring area will be established using social distancing measures for players to check their scores and for your playing partner to attest them. You will be asked to read your scores to your playing partners and to our VGT Scoring Team for verification.
Please sign your own score card on the LEFT SIDE to attest for your playing partner’s score (entered on the APP and on your scorecard. The scorecard will be the official copy).
Players are then asked to lay their scorecard on the scoring table for their playing partner to witness and attest their own score. Once you agree to the scores written down for you by your playing partner, please sign your own scorecard on the RIGHT SIDE to verify your own score that has been read by your scorer. No-one will need to exchange cards.
Please drop your scorecard into the box provided when all scores are verified. Scoring will be final once you have left the scoring station.
POST EVENT, PURSE AND PRIZING
Amateur prizing will be announced at the end of each flight in the usual way. Prizing will be in the form of VGT Sponsor Credits. No physical prizes will be presented at events for the foreseeable future and we recommend only winners of each flight stay for pictures. Prize results will be posted to the event portal under “Prize Results”. Players will receive an email with the prize summary and how to redeem your prize credits from our team. If you have won a prize and did not receive an email, please check your junk folder or email Heidi@vancouvergolftour.com.
Players will be asked to refrain from loitering in the parking lot after play, particularly no alcohol consumption post event will be allowed. Failure to comply will result in termination of VGT Membership.
Professional winnings will be paid either by e-transfer, or by cheque if you are playing at an event within the next week. If you are not playing an event for a while, and/or you require payment by e-transfer please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Golf is a great game and offers physical and mental reprieves, especially during this challenging time. But we must play responsibly and adhere to the above procedures.
PLEASE DO NOT PLAY IN VGT EVENTS IF YOU CANNOT ADHERE TO THE ABOVE PROCEDURES. PLAYERS WHO DO NOT ADHERE TO THE ABOVE OPERATIONAL PROCEDURES, WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PLAY ANY FUTURE VGT EVENTS.
If you have any questions, please contact us as follows:
- Tee times, handicaps, rules and golf procedural questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Registration and payment questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org