2021 BOYD AUTOBODY & GLASS CHAMPIONSHIP
Presented by SRIXON
Pagoda Ridge Golf Course
Wednesday, April 7th, 2021
The 2021 BOYD AUTOBODY & GLASS CHAMPIONSHIP is an Official Event on the 2021 SRIXON/CLEVELAND Order of Merit.
This event is an 18-Hole stroke play Championship for Male and Female Amateur Professionals and Male & Female Amateur Golfers with official Golf Canada or USGA handicap factors (18.0 or less – Male) (22.0 or less – Female).
***PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING***
All players must create a VGT Player Profile in Golf Genius to be eligible to play the 2021 VGT Season. If you have not set-up a player profile yet, please CLICK HERE
If you need help creating or updating your profile, please email email@example.com
BY REGISTERING, YOU AGREE TO ADHERE TO ALL COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES OUTLINED IN THE FOLLOWING LINKS HERE:
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, March 24th, 2021 at 6pm PST.
VGT Members have until the registration deadline to register with priority over non-members.
Full Field Size: 40 Professionals, 116 Amateurs
Professional Purse: $7,500 based on 40 Pros.
Amateur Prizing: $4,640 based on 116 players ($40/player in tee-gifts & prizing)
Prize Payouts: Alternating Gross & Net Scores will determine prize payouts in all Divisions & Amateur flights as follows:
Men’s Championship Flight (5.0 & less)
Women’s Championship Flight (5.0 & less)
Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
Senior A (55+ years & 8.0 or less hdcp.)
Senior B (55+ years & 8.1 and up)
(Limited field size for registration only)
Women’s A/B Division (5.1 & over)
Priority will be given to VGT Members until the registration deadline of March 24th at 6pm. Non-Members are asked to register prior to the deadline with payment. If the event is not full at the deadline, non-members will be admitted in order of the date their registration (with payment) was received.
*NOTE: There must be a minimum of five players registered in each flight for there to be a separate division. If there are less than 5 players in the Senior Division or either of the Women’s Divisions, these players will play against players from their own handicap flight (either vs. Men in own flight or vs. non-Seniors in their own flight). In these cases, both women and seniors will be provided with an equitable yardage to play against their handicap peers.
VGT Members: $200+GST = $210.00
Non-Members: $250+GST = $262.50
VGT Member: $130+GST = $136.50
Non-member: $160+GST = $168.00
SKINS GAME: $20/player (optional). Also qualifies you for the Hole-in-one jackpots (see below)
Gross Skins for Pros & Champ Flight combined. Net Skins for A/B flight combined
All payments for 2021 events will need to go through Golf Genius registration. We apologize, but no more E-transfers will be accepted, but are happy to report, we are waiving credit card fees for 2021!
Members will have until 2 weeks in advance to register with priority over non-members.
Members can either register with payment through the Golf Genius App or they can choose to accept the email invite for that event and confirm their payment through Golf Genius.
Once your payment is received, your entry will be confirmed, and your name will show on the confirmed player’s list. With respect to invitational events, players may be placed on a pending list until we can determine you are confirmed in the field.
Non-Members may register for VGT events prior to 2-weeks before the event. However, they will be placed on a pending list until the Member deadline (2 weeks before the event). If there is space in the event, you will receive a confirmation email and you will be moved from the pending list to confirmed player’s list for this event.
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no-show fees HERE
Entry Fee includes:
- 18 holes of tournament golf
- Three (3) Srixon Z-Star Balls (Amateurs only)
- Bagged Lunch at the turn or before you play
- $40/PLAYER in Amateur Tee-Gifts & Prizes = $4,640 based on Full Field of 116 players
- Prizing is calculated in each flight using alternating Gross and Net Scores
- Optional Gross & Net Skins Games & Hole-in-one Jackpot:
- TWO X $5,000 HOLE-IN-ONE JACKPOTS (as of March 22nd)
- Awards presented to the Gross Champion in each Flight
- Opportunity to win valuable points on the 2021 SRIXON / CLEVELAND Order of Merit
- (over $7,500 in year-end prizing)
- Live Leaderboard scoring thru our player’s app
- Golf Canada Officiating
- Professional Announcing on first tee
Amateur Prizes & Prize Credits: Players will earn prize credits for the following sponsor brands that can be cashed shortly after the event, or they can be saved and cashed at the end of the season by Oct.30th, 2021. Players will be emailed with the prize results and credit values after completion of each event.
SRIXON CLEVELAND GOLF BUSHNELL TRAVIS MATHEW
MAUI JIM ASICS GOLF SHOES 2UNDR NEW BALANCE GOLF
GALVIN GREEN BIG MAX CARTS/BAGS NIKE GOLF PROJEKT LUGGAGE
Male Pros & Championship Flight – Gold Tees (6,800 yards)
Male Flight A, Flight B & Male Seniors – Blue/White (6,100 yards)
Female Pros & Championship Flight – White Tees (5,800 yards)
Female Flight A/B & Female Seniors – Green/Whit Tees (5,300 yards)
- Professional Division (Men & Women)
- Men’s Championship (5.0 or less)
- Women’s Championship (5.0 or less)
- Flight A (5.1-10.0)
- Flight B (10.1-18.0)
- Senior Am (55+ years & 18.0 or less handicap)
- Women's A & B Flight combined (5.1 to 18.0)
*There Must be a minimum of five (5) players registered in a division for there to be a separate Division for this event. If not, then players will play within their own division (Pro/Am) and handicap flight from equitable tees versus the male competitors (approx. 85% of yardage).
Tee times start at 9:00am - 2:30pm. (Professionals, Championship, Senior, B, A)
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership as follows:
- Tour Professional – Gross
- Champ, Women's Divisions, Senior – Alternating Gross & Net
- Flight A & B – Alternating Gross & Net
PROGRESSIVE HOLE-IN-ONE JACKPOT RULES
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing on March 23rd, 2020.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.
PAGODA RIDGE COURSE DETAILS
7887 264th Street, Langley, BC Phone: 604-856-0929
Website: http://www.pagodaridge.ca Twitter: @golfpagodaridge
Pagoda Ridge Golf Course offers a distinctive golf experience… carved through a landscape of gently rolling hills and natural vegetation, with stunning views of the Fraser Valley and majestic Golden Ears Mountains.
The par 72, 18-hole course plays just beyond 7,000 yards from the back tees. The fairways are well defined, with 40 strategically placed bunkers and water hazards in play on more than half of the 18 holes. These add to the degree of difficulty, while the open greens make Pagoda Ridge an enjoyable place to play. The bent grass greens are large and inviting, tempt the “go for it” attitude yet often rewarding the more accurate approach shots.
The Asian infused architecture creates a memorable, unique experience that is unprecedented by any other course in the Fraser Valley. As you advance through the park-like grounds, walk upon the replica “Great Wall Of China” and past an authentic Chinese Fighting Ship, the Pagoda style architecture will provide you with a surreal sense that you have entered a mystical golf destination.