Sincere thanks to our loyal 14-year Title Sponsor GRUPO BIMBO CANADA, and some amazing support from BC’s Premier Golf Courses to ensure the BC Match Play lives on for its 77th consecutive year!
On behalf of the Vancouver Golf Tour and our team of committee members and volunteers, we wish you all an incredible experience at this year’s GRUPO BIMBO BC MATCH PLAY Pairs Championship!
The 2022 BC MATCH PLAY is open to all Amateurs with a verified world handicap of 20.0 or less & to all Professionals.
Both non-members and members of VGT may register to play in the tournament up until the registration deadline.
e OPEN Championship is a 2-player “Scratch” team event available to all Professionals and Amateurs (or Juniors) with a registered GOLF CANADA handicap of 5.0 or less. No strokes are given in this event. For Amateurs this has been a great event to go head-to-head with some of BC’s top Pros and we have seen some legendary battles!
The NET Championship is a 2-player “NET” team event available to all Amateurs and Juniors with a current registered GOLF CANADA, USGA or World Hcdp. ndex of 20.0 & under.
18-HOLE QUALIFYING FORMAT
The OPEN QUALIFYING tournament is an 18-hole, two-player (team) event based on
best ball medal gross score.
The top 24 teams will qualify to play in the OPEN DIVISION Match Play Draw commencing Oct.1st at Green Tee Golf Club (Pagoda Ridge). The top 8 seeds from qualifying + 2021 Champions will earn a BYE to the Round of 16 on Oct.2nd. The remaining seeds 9-24 will play off in Round One on Oct.1st
The Net qualifying tournament is an 18-hole, two player (team) event based on best ball medal NET SCORE (using 75% of each player’s handicap).
The top 24 teams will qualify to play in the NET DIVISION Match Play Draw commencing on Oct.1st at Green Tee Golf Club. The top 8 seeds from qualifying + 2021 Champions earn a BYE into the Round of 16 on Oct.2nd. Seeds 9-24 will play off in round one on Oct.1st.
The # of teams advancing from each qualifying site will be based on the total # of teams qualifying at each qualifying site versus the total qualifying field size.
BASED ON A FULL FIELD OF 50 TEAMS/DIVISION:
Based on 24 Teams per division Qualifying at Site 1 (Sept.24th): # of teams qualifying/division = 12.
Based on 26 Teams per division qualifying at Site 2 (Sept.25th): # of teams qualifying/division = 12.
*Or Vice Versa if 26 teams register at site 1 and 24 teams register at site 2.
TIES & PLAYOFFS
In case of a tie for the final qualifying spot at any site, a playoff will commence immediately to determine the final team(s) entered in the OPEN or NET tournament.
SEEDINGS & HANDICAPS FOR MATCH PLAY DRAW
The past Champions in each division are exempt from qualifying and will be given the #1 seed for the Match Play. And the remaining teams will be seeded #2 to #24 based on their Gross Best Ball Score (OPEN DIV.) or Net best ball score (using 75% handicaps - NET DIV.) from qualifying against the rating of the qualifying course. The top 23 teams from qualifying + past champions for a total of 24 will enter the Match Play Draw. Seeds 1-8 will earn a BYE to the round of 16, and seeds 9-24 will play-off in Round One.
TOTAL PRIZE PURSE: $15,000 based on 100 teams registered.
FIRST PLACE OPEN TEAM: $4,000/Team* ($2,000/ea) based on 50 teams registered
FIRST PLACE ‘NET’ TEAM: $2,000/Team* ($1,000/ea.) based on 50 teams registered
*Amateurs who choose to play for the OPEN PURSE are entitled to a maximum CASH PRIZE value of $1,200 per person. Amateurs playing for AMATEUR PRIZES ONLY will pay a lesser fee and are entitled to a Maximum Gift Credit value of $1,000. If the winning team in the OPEN DIVISION consists of one Pro and one Amateur, the Professional would win a maximum $2,000 cash prize and his/her amateur partner will win either a $1,200 CASH PRIZE (Open Div. player) or a $1,000 VGT Prize voucher (Amateur Div. player). The balance of the 1st prize would then be dispersed and shared between the Runners-up and Semi-Finalists.
INDIVIDUAL ENTRY FEES:
Pros and Amateurs playing for the Open cash Purse: $180+GST/player = $189.00
Amateurs Playing for Amateur prizing only: $140+GST/player = $147.00
OPEN TEAM Entry Fee: May consist of either 2 Amateurs, 1 Pro & 1 Amateur or 2 Pros.
NET TEAM Entry Fee: Consists of 2 Amateurs.
CONFIRMING YOUR TEAM REGISTRATION:
FULL TEAM Entry Fees must be paid before your team is confirmed in the tournament.
- You DO NOT have to be a VGT member to play in the BC Match Play.
- Please have one player on the team register for the Qualifying site of their choice through Golf Genius.
- Please have one player on the team pay the full team entry fee through Golf Genius and make arrangements to have your playing partner e-transfer you their share of the entry.
- If either you or your partner have not played a VGT event, please have them create a VGT profile (no cost).
- To create a profile, click "sign-in/register" at top RH corner of this page and complete the online form and hit SAVE profile. Once saved, your name will be available in drop down menu for registering.
- Qualifying Sites will be filled on a first-come-first serve basis!!
SINGLE PLAYERS LOOKING TO PLAY:
If players want to enter the event as a single looking for a partner, they may do so.
- Players looking for a partner to play in the event, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, handicap, NET or OPEN event, and your preferred qualifier site.
- Pairings will be done randomly based on date of their entry being received.
- Your Team entry will be confirmed only when we have received 2 x single entries in the same Division (Open or Net) and same qualifying venue.
QUALIFYING FEE INCLUDES:
Amateur Entry Includes:
18-holes of qualifying, lunch, 6 Srixon Z-Star balls + range warmup (where range available)
Professional Entry includes:
18-holes of qualifying, lunch, range warmup (where range is available)
- Amateurs are responsible for paying the applicable green fee in the Opening Match Play Round, the Round of 16 and the ¼ Finals (green fee details will be confirmed)
- Pros will be required to pay either a small green fee or a $10 fee for their $10 meal voucher in the Opening three rounds.
- Green fees & luncheon cost will be waived for all Semi-Finalists and Finalists.
Players are reminded to review the VGT Policies and Procedures outlining all cancellation and no-show fees: https://vancouvergolftour.com/legal/
MATCH PLAY ROUNDS:
Oct. 1st – OPENING ROUND @ GREEN TEE COUNTRY CLUB (PAGODA RIGE GC) - 11:00am start
Oct.2nd – ROUND OF 16 @ SANDPIPER GOLF RESORT (11am start)
Oct.8th – QUARTER-FINALS @ MEADOW GARDENS (11:30am start)
OCT.9th – SEM-FINALS @ MEADOW GARDENS GOLF CLUB (11:55am start)
OCT.16th – FINALS @ MAYFAIR LAKES GOLF & C.C. (10:42am start)
Saturday, Sept.17th @ 6pm or when the field is full with paid team entries, whichever comes first.
2021 BC Match Play Results: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ix3vrI5YFCgcgK1oe6kKCQ6TIJ9QLB94/view
2021 OPEN CHAMPIONS 2021 NET CHAMPIONS
Chris Crisologo / Lawren Rowe Anthony Marcello / Dustin Ottens